[Marble-devel] One month to Total Freeze!

Torsten Rahn torsten.rahn at credativ.de
Thu Aug 23 18:23:48 CEST 2007

IMPORTANT: Most concern deserves KDE 4 Beta 2 now: I ask all developers
involved to send changes to the CMakeLists.txt files to this mailing list for
review from Friday 23rd till the tagging takes place.
For KDE4 Beta1 Marble was a no-show due to problems with packaging, so I don't
want to see bugs introduced in the CMakeLists.txt files during the next few
days!

On Thursday 23 August 2007 14:55:49 Inge Wallin wrote:
> According to the updated schedule at
> http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.0_Release_Schedule , this upcoming
> saturday is the tagging of KDE 4.0beta2.  After this date, it's not
> free-for-all development any more.  I cite: "The incoming bugs will be
> reviewed for their severity.

I heavily doubt that the october 23rd release is still an option for the KDE
project. Looking at the current state of SVN I think we are happy if KDE 4
will be released in January! Seriously, there is _no_ _way_ that KDE 4 will
be released on October 23. And I don't say this as a Marble developer but as
somebody who has witnessed every KDE release since KDE 1 Beta3. If it was
just about Marble we could release Marble 0.4 immediately with KDE4 and I
would still consider it a big accomplishment for an application that was only
recently introduced into KDE-EDU and became one of its best applications in
no time.

This doesn't change the fact of course that we need to plan the future. With
Marble 0.4 having been tagged and with Marble 0.5 hopefully being tagged in
2-3 weeks I'm pretty happy that there is always a release we can fall back
towards if we should run out of time.

Torsten

--
 Torsten Rahn

 Tel.: 0 21 61 - 46 43 - 192

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Mönchengladbach
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Jörg Folz