[Marble-devel] Marble 0.4 Release - Request for packages

Torsten Rahn torsten.rahn at credativ.de
Mon Aug 20 02:04:31 CEST 2007

> Hello there,

Hi,

> marble loses every single icons on the map . This happens on the 0.3.1
> which I built for fedora and I noticed the same output on kubuntu feisty.

Zoom in closer. The cities displayed are KML objects already and get replaced
by the data you load. Due to a limitation of the old KML implementation your
own data gets only displayed as soon as you zoom in.
This issue will be addressed with Marble 0.5.

> Perhaps marble is building without a buildrequirement.
>
> # help -> about marble -> license agreement
> It's blank!

I fixed this in SVN rev.701967. A new source tarball has been uploaded to
kde-apps.org. Thanks for reporting this.

> # gpx file
> How can one use it ? I've downloaded a gpx file from the net and open it
> with marble 0.4. But I see no effect at all. Is this intended  for the
> marble 0.4 release or perhaps I'm using it in the wrong way?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL6isDOFCFU

Maybe you need to scroll to the right place and zoom in?
This will be done in the future automatically. If the content of the gpx file
still doesn't show up, Andrew will need to address it. ;) Please send us a
Url for the gpx file you tested.

> # info about a particular city:
> click on london -> datasheet of london opens
> information for wikipedia is downloaded automatically
> Results on:
>  * release 0.3.1:  on datasheet dialog: marble says download completed
>  * release 0.4 : on datasheet dialog: marble says download failed! though
> wikipedia information is displayed. And on the second attempt (without
> restarting marble), on clicking london, the previous information of
> wikipedia of london isn't displayed. But instead it's blank.

These issues are listed in the list of known issues already. They will get
fixed no later than in Marble 0.5.

Torsten

--
 Torsten Rahn

 Tel.: 0 21 61 - 46 43 - 192

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Mönchengladbach
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Jörg Folz