[Marble-devel] Marble 0.4 Release - Request for packages

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Sun Aug 19 16:35:27 CEST 2007

On Sunday 19 August 2007 10:56:36 Torsten Rahn wrote:
> Marble 0.4 is not feature complete with regard to the aim of providing a
> fully featured Atlas. But it should be very stable and is aimed for
> everyday usage already for those people where Marble suits the needs
> already.
>
> Marble 0.4 hasn't got the GSoC 2007 features enabled yet. It will be the
> primary aim of Marble 0.5 to have the work of the Google Summer of Code
> 2007 students very well integrated, enabled and exposed to the user.

Hello there,

I've compiled marble 0.4 successfully but however I have a few questions and
unsure whether these are intended or not.

# kml file
Everytime I open a kml file example:
http://developer.kde.org/~endres/worldwide/kde-devel-locations.kml
marble loses every single icons on the map . This happens on the 0.3.1 which I
built for fedora and I noticed the same output on kubuntu feisty.

Perhaps marble is building without a buildrequirement.

# help -> about marble -> license agreement
It's blank!

# gpx file
How can one use it ? I've downloaded a gpx file from the net and open it with
marble 0.4. But I see no effect at all. Is this intended  for the marble 0.4
release or perhaps I'm using it in the wrong way?

# info about a particular city:
click on london -> datasheet of london opens
information for wikipedia is downloaded automatically
Results on:
 * release 0.3.1:  on datasheet dialog: marble says download completed
 * release 0.4 : on datasheet dialog: marble says download failed! though
wikipedia information is displayed. And on the second attempt (without
restarting marble), on clicking london, the previous information of wikipedia
of london isn't displayed. But instead it's blank.

regards,
Chitlesh
--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com