[Marble-devel] MarbleAboutData

Torsten Rahn torsten.rahn at credativ.de
Sun Aug 12 13:25:27 CEST 2007

Hi everyone,

First I'd like to point out that I'll be visiting my parents during the next
few days (my train leaves in two hours ...). So it's pretty likely that I
won't be present on IRC as often as I've been during the last few days.

On Saturday 11 August 2007 22:42:10 Inge Wallin wrote:
> Danimo brought up the question of MarbleAboutData being part of the
> library. He wondered why it was so, and that is indeed a good question.
> Any program using MarbleWidget et al. will have its own AboutData dialog
> and will not use the one in Marble.
>
> I suggest we move it out of the library and up into src/.

Yes, that certainly makes sense. However I was thinking how we can encourage
developers of other applications to keep the full credits list in their about
dialog. Right now the Marble dialog is in a pretty bad shape - I'd like to
have a much nicer dialog that has a seperate tab for crediting data sources
and research and that features an HTML/CSS layout.
Also there are a lot of people from the last few weeks missing as I postponed
the whole AboutDialog issue in general.
Especially for the release which will exclusively highlight the GSoC results
(probably "0.5") I'd also like to credit the students' work in the about
dialog appropriately.

Torsten

--
 Torsten Rahn

 Tel.: 0 21 61 - 46 43 - 192

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Mönchengladbach
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Jörg Folz