fuzzy-matching in quickopen...

Christoph Cullmann (cullmann.io) christoph at cullmann.io
Fri Sep 23 23:10:27 BST 2022

On 2022-09-24 00:06, Waqar Ahmed wrote:
> I am against adding the old way, but if it's optional, ok sure as long
> as it is disabled by default.
>
> Your approach is completely incorrect though and the only reason I
> will say ok to the patch is because Christoph already said ok. We can
> and should improve the algorithm instead rather than just bringing
> back the old way on the first complaint.

Hi,

I am not sure one can tune the new algo to behave like the old without
making people angry that like the new one.

I just use fuzzy matching and am very happy with it.

But as mentioned in the review, it makes sense to really cleanly
separate this.
Then it will have no effect on the normal behavior.