Configure Filesystem Browser to show current project folder (analogous to behaviour of git window)

Stefan Riha stefan at sriha.net
Fri May 13 07:15:38 BST 2022

The behaviour of the git window is to "follow" the currently edited file, i.e. if the file belongs to a project, then open the project automatically. This is great.

I would like to configure the Filesystem Browser analogously, that is: open the project folder in the Filesystem Browser window automatically (if the file belongs to a project).

Is this currently possible? I did not see anything related in the browser's "configure" context menu. There is a "current document folder" entry, but this is cumbersome. First, I have to actively press the button (not automatic), and second, the files are often in a subfolder, and I almost never want to switch to the subfolder of a project, but instead to the project's parent folder.

I am used to this behaviour from VScode.

What would I have to do to implement this? Would this be best done with a plugin?

Thanks a lot for your help!