(Windows) printing: Font size and color theme

Robin Whittle rw at firstpr.com.au
Fri Mar 18 13:11:52 GMT 2022

Hi,

I got this email list address from:

    https://kate-editor.org/support/

If there is an archive for this list, it would be good to link to it so
people can search it for a potential solution to their problem, before
writing.

I just installed Kate Version 21.12.3 on Windows 10. I figured out how
to copy the default Breeze light colour theme to a theme with a
different name, so I could edit that new theme. I also figured out how
to make the new theme the default.

I set a different font. The size which works for me on screen was 12
point.   I also figured out how to turn off word wrap and use the word
wrap number to draw a line there - at column 104.

When I print to A4 paper, the 12 point font is too big since I have 104
character lines.  8 points works well, but this is too small on the
screen for editing.

Q1: How can I select a different font size for printing?

I found that the printed page syntax highlighting corresponded not to my
new default color theme, but to the inbuilt Printing color theme.

Q2: How can I select a particular color theme for printing?

I couldn't find where the file for the "Printing" colour theme might be,
and I read in
https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/kate/katepart/color-themes.html that:

    Note that in text editors, the built-in themes are compiled into the
    KSyntaxHighlighting library,

So I gave up o the idea of copying my custom color theme (the location
of which is specified in the just mentioned page) to the Printing color
theme.  I ran out of ideas, other than writing to the Mailing List.

   Best regards

     Robin