D16668: Remove document preview plugin: current technology harms workflow

Jeremy Spurway noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 22 23:59:20 GMT 2022

jack_sprat added a comment.

  Hi - this isn't a proposal for a fix, but as a keen user of the preview plug-in, I thought I'd mention my workaround - which is //good enough// to make it usable, which is what I want to be able to avoid having to switch tools for text creation/editing.

  - assign CTRL+ALT+P to open/close preview in Kate shortcuts (CTRL+SHIFT+P conflicts with 'start presentation').

  Maybe a small interim kludge would be to include this (or similar non-conflicting) assignment in the default - not pretty but makes the work so far not wasted. HTH

REPOSITORY
  R40 Kate