Change font size outside of editor window to non-system-default

Kåre Särs kare.sars at mailbox.org
Sun Jan 9 10:38:01 GMT 2022

On tisdag 4 januari 2022 21:35:39 EET Stefan Riha wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am wondering if it's possible change the font size *outside* of the the
> editor window to anything else other than the system defaults.
>

> I prefer rather large fonts as system defaults, but for a text editor I
> would like everything (other than the editor window) to be smaller. My eyes
> don't get tired if I quickly browse the menus and toolbars with a smaller
> font.
>

> P.S. I'm not subscribed, please CC me in answers.

Sorry,

We only have font configuration options for the editor window. All the menus and dialogs
use the system font. Exceptions to this are the search result and build output that use the
current editor font.

If you want smaller fonts in the menus, that probably means that you want the same
smaller font also in other applications -> adjust the system font, then increase the font size
in the editor window....

Having a Kate specific configuration option to sett the font size in the UI (menus/dialogs), is
not something I would spend time on.... I do not think the VDG (Visual Design Group?)
would be very happy about such an option either.... We want consistency between
applications.

Regards,
  Kåre