Building kate as documented on the web page

Christoph Cullmann (cullmann.io) christoph at cullmann.io
Wed Feb 2 10:11:40 GMT 2022

On 2022-02-02 08:50, slbtty wrote:
> I think rolling-distro users like us are actually the minority.
>
> Stable-distro users don't have new libraries. If they ever want to
> build from source, they are highly going to manipulate the code. If
> so, letting them get sources from the master branch can avoid dealing
> with already fixed bugs in dependencies.

Hi,

I think if you have a distro that up-to-date that you can do that, you
don't need any howto.

Without kdesrc-build you can't build it on any normal distro that is not
rolling release
that is not bleeding edge.

Beside, if you want to work on other parts, a kdesrc-build setup is nice
to have
and it will properly setup the stuff for clangd if used like described.

If you want to add to the howto the cmake variant, feel free to submit
some merge request
with some extension to this page, I would have no issues with proposing
that there, too,
for people like you ;=)