Text wrapping Python docstrings

rhkramer at gmail.com rhkramer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 16:21:11 GMT 2022

On Monday, January 31, 2022 11:21:11 PM Yannick Gingras wrote:
> On Mon, 2022-01-31 at 14:48 -0500, rhkramer at gmail.com wrote:
> > Again, on my old version of Kate, under Settings ==> Configure-Kate
> > ==> Editing
> > ==> Indentation, there is a setting to choose a Default indentation
> > mode with
> > quite a few choices -- I suspect on of those may do what you want, or
> > come
> > close.
>
> If I can get auto-wrapping to send the text where I want it to go, I
> will enable it for sure!  I tried a few indentation modes: None,
> Normal, and Python with and without "keep extra space", but that
> doesn't do it, unfortunately. The text always gets set to column 0,
> either automatically from the dynamic wrap or by hitting ALT-W.

Sorry that none of those work for you.  I have mine currently (and for a long
time) set to None which seems the most convenient for me, but I would have
expected one or more of those settings (I see 9) would come close to what you
want.

Aside: Sending to you directly and the list because I don't know if you are
subscribed -- I am subscribed, so you don't need to send a copy to me.

Have a good day!