How can i make kate behaviour go back to normal?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Dec 11 18:06:58 GMT 2022

El diumenge, 11 de desembre de 2022, a les 18:18:07 (CET), Waqar Ahmed va
escriure:
> , > And with regard to switching views with a Kate-specific keyboard
> shortcut, I
> switch all the time between different windows (including settings dialogs)
> of
> the same or different applications with Alt+Tab. How does having to learn
> and
> use a different keyboard shortcut in Kate improve the UX?
>
> You are mixing things, comparing apples and oranges. Like I suggested
> already, go and use it first before assuming it's not good enough.

You should not assume people have not used it, I've used it and it's terrible
for me, makes me super sad/angry on a very basic level (again as mentioned on
the other email, that's my particular problem).

You assume people use your workflow, and that's a lots of assumption, I've no
use for split views or other main windows in my workflow.

Of course you'll are the ones doing the work, so you decide, but don't dismiss
other people opinions just based on "it works for me".

Cheers,
  Albert