why does the Kate editor NOT display these characters?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Dec 11 10:31:44 GMT 2022

El dissabte, 10 de desembre de 2022, a les 19:33:49 (CET), marc forward va
escriure:
> i have switched to Kate from Notepad++ for several reasons, but found
> something about Kate that really irks me,
> it can't display these characters:
>
>      ᐞ፡ᗑᗐᐱᐯᐃᐁ።ᐤᐝ፨ᔓᕒᕑ᠅ᖰᖱ ᖲᖳᨖᱰᗏᗌᗉᗆᗧᗤᐗᐓᐘ ᐒᕮᕭᕳᕲ᯽᙮ᕁᘁᑊᐪᐡᐨᐩᑋᓑᔿ᙭⫾⫿ᐂᐄᙁᙀᙉ ᙈᐲᐄ ꠩꠫
>
> that show up just fine in Notepad++
>
> They are all utterly invisible in Kate.
>
> why?
> i mean seriously, WHY?!????

You really need to tone down the aggressiveness in your messages.

https://i.imgur.com/uHziKOR.png

If you don't see them, it is your (or your distribution) fault (unless you're
using Windows, then it's possibly KDE's)

Cheers,
  Albert