why does the Kate editor NOT display these characters?

Tyler tyler at linuxdev.app
Sun Dec 11 07:25:55 GMT 2022

It depends on the font and encoding actually, not the Kate editor itself.  So you may need to check if you have installed required fonts on your system. Make sure your file is using UTF-8 encoding. I am using Hack font which you can download and install here: https://sourcefoundry.org/hack/ and you can configure your Kate editor to use Hack font.

Here the screenshot to demonstrates:

Have a happy holiday,

Tyler

Dec 10, 2022, 6:33 PM by origineering at gmail.com: