Symbols create a question mark "?"

ltv76s ltv76s at protonmail.com
Sun Aug 14 17:54:38 BST 2022

Hi,

Q) Does it also happen if you re-open the file in kate without rebooting?
A) Yes

Q) Do you open an existing file with kate, or do you create a new file?
A) I was opening existing file from Windows 10 partition.

Q) What character encoding is kate set to use on save?
A) https://i.imgur.com/Ke8S7le.png

Solution:
I created a new file and pasted the contents of the problematic file in it.
Then after inserting the text from the sources i wanted (the problem no longer happens!).

The original file is an IT file with lot's of different things.
It doesn't have programming or scripts in it. But lot's of commands and different mixed characters throughout the file.

I believe the issues came from using the files from a Windows 10 partition, as i have a Dual/Boot Windows/Linux. And i access many files from the win10 partition.

Anyway if you have some tips you can share with me to keep things working smoothly keeping in mind i have a Dual/Boot, let me know.

Anything else, I'm available!