Opening new files on separate views, and closing files ONLY on certain views.

Georgios Mavropalias georgios.mavropalias at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 14:35:32 BST 2021

Hi, please cc me in any answers to this.

I want to open a new file on a split view so I have two different files
open side-by side (lets say files A and B). A new split view opens file A
again, so I have to open file B on a different tab of the right view. When
I try to close file A on the right so that view doesn't have tabs, it
closes A on the left view as well!

Does anyone know of a way to open another file on a separate view without
having the already-open file as a tab there?

Also, why would closing a file on one view close it on EVERY view?

Please let me know, thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Georgios

Georgios Mavropalias, PhD
Postdoctoral Research Fellow,