position of the comment character

Sven Brauch mail at svenbrauch.de
Thu Aug 12 16:04:08 BST 2021

Hi,

On 8/12/21 3:37 PM, Joao Miguel Ferreira wrote:
> now, my issue: on Debian 10 / kwrite 18.08, when I press "CTRL-D" the
> comment character (#, for perl and ruby) appears at position 0 of the
> lines to be commmented. on Debian 11 / kwrite 20.12 the comment
> character (# for ruby) appears at the position of the 1st non-space
> position.

This is specified in the syntax highlighting files for each type of
comment and for each language. For example, ruby.xml has

<comment name="singleLine" start="#" position="afterwhitespace"/>

This was specifically changed by Nibaldo González about a year ago. I'll
CC him, maybe he can explain in more detail.

If you want the old behaviour back, you can locally copy the ruby.xml
file and remove the position="afterwhitespace".

Greetings,
Sven