position of the comment character

Joao Miguel Ferreira joao.miguel.c.ferreira at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 14:37:32 BST 2021

Hello all,

1st let me say "thank you very much": I use kwrite since 2002/2003 on a
daily basis. it's my every day editor (I don't use Kate or any other IDE
fwiw). I use kwrite and I love it. I also don't use KDE. I use xfce and I
install kwrite via apt (in recent years)

now, my issue: on Debian 10 / kwrite 18.08, when I press "CTRL-D" the
comment character (#, for perl and ruby) appears at position 0 of the lines
to be commmented. on Debian 11 / kwrite 20.12 the comment character (# for
ruby) appears at the position of the 1st non-space position.

This is what happens to me. I don't know if I described the issue 100% well

Is there a way to have the 18.08 behaviour on 20.12 ?

Thank you
Joao