Akademy BoF

Christoph Cullmann christoph at cullmann.io
Thu Sep 10 08:24:27 BST 2020

On 2020-09-10 09:12, Kåre Särs wrote:
> On Thursday, 10 September 2020 06.06.09 EEST Alex Turbov wrote:
>> what is BoF? %)
>>
> It is a workshop meeting. I was wondering if we have something that we
> want/
> need to discuss now during Akademy.
>
> I don't have anything right now that would need a meeting.

If nobody has some real topic, I think that doesn't make that much sense
then :=)

I think the nicest improvement of the last year was for sure the cool
integrated LSP
client.

I use that now every day ;=) It's great.

I see that there a lot of "more" stuff could be done, but that is just
something we need
people to have the time.

(like nicer displaying of the issues with inline notes like KDevelop,
etc.)

Beside this, I am mostly working on small bug fixes and now the purging
of the last remains
that hinder us to use the theming from KSyntaxHighlighting.

e.g. nice to have would be Python scripting in the application, given Qt
has now some
bundled Python bindings, but that is some work somebody must do, too.

(and it is not that trivial, as the "I let the application be
scriptable" is demonstrated
in some examples but requires some work)