D25339: update lineHeight if boundingRect indicates a larger value.

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu May 7 19:42:25 BST 2020

rjvbb added a comment.

  > the code can be smart

  No, cleverly written at best (don't get me started! ;) )

  > but it can't know how a user prefers to read text, there is no one-size fits all.

  EXACTLY. Words becomes a lot more readable for me when I use 64pt or larger so I read from my recliner ... but given the size of my screens it would texts less readable. IOW, there's a trade-off there and that also applies to lineheight, and esp. with lineheight it also depends on the context. Many forms of code are easier to work with with a minimal lineheight because that makes it easier to see code organisation (blocks/scopes identified by indentation). So yeah, a user-controllable scale factor could be a good idea, independent from the issue at hand.

  I didn't mention Konsole because AFAIK it doesn't use KTextEditor.

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor