D25339: update lineHeight if boundingRect indicates a larger value.

Ahmad Samir noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu May 7 19:03:43 BST 2020

ahmadsamir added a comment.

  In D25339#665827 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25339#665827>, @xuetianweng wrote:

  [...]

  > As for higher line, it might not as bad as you thought as it actually might improve readability for many people.

  I agree with this statement :). Thanks to this diff I found out where the line height can be manipulated; the way the code computed it, fontHeight was 34 (IIRC), I've hardcoded it to 40 and I very much prefer reading text that way.

  Note that Konsole tries and compute a sane line height to accommodate CJK characters... etc, but it also has a config option to change the line height (Settings -> Appearance -> Miscellaneous)... the code can be smart, but it can't know how a user prefers to read text, there is no one-size fits all.

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor