D25339: KateRenderer: Use representitive character in CJK to estimate the fontHeight.

Shinjo Park noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 4 22:14:21 BST 2020

pshinjo added a comment.

  In D25339#663462 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25339#663462>, @rjvbb wrote:

  > This patch is only needed when mixing a main Latin1 (like) alphanumeric font with occasional glyphs from a font that have a different, taller height?

  Yes, though the "occasion" will highly depend on the user locale. For someone this will likely never happen, for someone this will happen everyday.

  > Am I right that any text that uses only a single font will see some form of significant loss of the number of lines that fit within a given vertical space?

  Yes, given that the font contains all required glyphs to represent the string "AHIygあ你말" is limited. That's also visible in my test 2. Previous tests were done in artificially high font size (32pt for example) and less dense texts so the original authors might overlooked this problem.

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor