kate stopped warning about changed files (but only C++ files)

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Feb 22 16:18:31 GMT 2020

El dissabte, 22 de febrer de 2020, a les 13:51:39 CET, Sven Brauch va escriure:

> > > Currently only by building without libgit2 it seems.
> > >
> > > In what case do you find this behaviour undesirable?
> >
> > Always?
>
> The original reason for adding this behaviour was that opening 25 files and
> then switching branches without changing any of them gives you lots of useless
> warnings. This problem is neatly solved by the current behaviour.
>
> > Or to rephrase, why does it matter whether the file is in git or not to tell
> > me that some changes i had made will be lost?
>
> I'm not sure if you have fully understood what the feature does. In no case
> will changes you made be lost. Kate checks if *the exact contents of the file
> before reload* are stored in version control and only reloads in that case.

edit file
git commit -a
git reset --hard origin/master
the file contents are gone.

Yes i know that i did a git reset, but up to now kate always kept things for me, so I'm used to do that and then salvage the files i actually wanted to keep.

Cheers,
  Albert