kate stopped warning about changed files (but only C++ files)

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Feb 22 11:48:57 GMT 2020

El dissabte, 22 de febrer de 2020, a les 12:20:20 CET, Sven Brauch va escriure:
> Hi,

> > > is the old version of the file tracked in git, i.e. part of a commit in
> > > the
> > > version it is open in the editor? Then it will reload automatically iirc.
> >
> > Wow, is there a way I can disable this trying-to-be-smart behaviour?
>
> Currently only by building without libgit2 it seems.
>
> In what case do you find this behaviour undesirable?

Always?
I fail to see why this feature would this be desirable at all?
My file had contents, someone changed them, and now i lost those contents because kate didn't ask me about it.

Or to rephrase, why does it matter whether the file is in git or not to tell me that some changes i had made will be lost?

Cheers,
  Albert