Gitlab fork or branch workflow?

Dominik Haumann dhaumann at kde.org
Tue Feb 4 12:32:00 GMT 2020

Hi Kåre,

I also use branches. There is one drawback though: If you e.g. use
CCMAIL, BUG, CCBUG, then e.g. the bug is already closed even though
the merge request is not done yet.

For that reason, the sysadmin working group was thinking about
introducing "work/*" or "feature/*" branches, but I am not aware of
any conclusion...

That said, do as you wish, but the drawback with CCMAIL et al. stands.

Best regards
Dominik