Remove Lumen plugin in favor of LSP Client plugin

Dominik Haumann dhaumann at kde.org
Thu Sep 12 13:21:54 BST 2019

Dear David and everyone,

since some month we are working on a LSP Client plugin [1] that works with
the language server protocol that is implemented for quite a number of
languages.

D is also included via dsl, see https://github.com/d-language-server/dls
The same holds for many other languages.

We would like to delete the lumen and rustcompletion plugin in favor of
just having the LSP Client plugin, which in the long run will likely also
be superior to dedicated language plugins.

Are you OK with this? Or are there any arguments against removing the
lumen? The rustcompletion plugin author already agreed with this change.

The change is currently pending on
https://invent.kde.org/kde/kate/merge_requests/16 and we are mostly waiting
for your OK to proceed :-)

Best regards