[kate] search add-on combo boxes placement

Mickael Bosch mickael.bosch at posteo.net
Wed May 15 20:19:50 BST 2019

Hi,

I use the search and replace add-on a lot and most of the time I put
this tool view on the right side. the "find" and "replace" combo boxes
are in the same lines as some other widgets and they have a narrow space
(see the attached "small.png" picture.)

I think that it would be nice to put these combo boxes on their own
lines when the tool view is vertical (ie. width > height). This way, the
text is not truncated.

Attached is the patch used to implement this (move_cb.patch made with
"git diff > move_cb.patch" ). I'm still not happy with the space left by
the moved widgets between the "add tab" and "search" buttons but I
prefer to gather some other ideas before going further.

What do you think ?

It is my first patch, do not hesitate to give me some advices.

Best regards,

Mickael