D19795: Add Variable interface to KTextEditor::Editor

Dominik Haumann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 15 21:02:38 GMT 2019

dhaumann added a comment.

  What I wonder is whether we really need the "Variable" class. Maybe it would be better to just have

  - registerExactMatch(QString name, QString description, function)
  - registerPrefixMatch(QString prefix, QString description, function)

  If such a change would be preferred, then I can easily change the patch.

  ...and as the unit test currently shows, recursive macro expansion is not supported, but I think it's needed for e.g. %{JS: bla %{...} : %[...}}.

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor