D22067: Don't clear the session KConfing object too early

Christoph Cullmann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jun 24 21:04:56 BST 2019

cullmann added a comment.

  Taking a look at the code, I think one can not just keep that pointer/group around that long.

  One could try to e.g. remember the keys with values for positions in finishRestore() and use that as overwrite in createToolView like we do there with

    // try the restore config to figure out real pos
    if (m_restoreConfig && m_restoreConfig->hasGroup(m_restoreGroup)) {
        KConfigGroup cg(m_restoreConfig, m_restoreGroup);
        pos = (KMultiTabBar::KMultiTabBarPosition) cg.readEntry(QStringLiteral("Kate-MDI-ToolView-%1-Position").arg(identifier), int(pos));
    }

  As long as the config pointer is valid, no operation showing/moving toolviews will have any effect.

REPOSITORY
  R40 Kate