D22067: Don't clear the session KConfing object too early
noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jun 24 10:02:35 BST 2019
ahmadsamir created this revision.
ahmadsamir added reviewers: Kate, cullmann, dhaumann.
Herald added a project: Kate.
ahmadsamir requested review of this revision.
The session KConfig object was cleared in finishRestore(), which meant
that for plugins that aren't loaded when we start loading the session,
the sidebar position - and other toolview related - settings weren't
restored for such plugins. A perfect example of this is the Projects
plugin where the toolview for it is only shown if you open a file that
belongs to a git/svn/mercury repo.
- Open a document in kate, that doesn't belong to a git/svn/mercury repo
- Make sure the Projects plugin is enabled and "Git" is checked in that plugin config page; then open a document that belongs to a git repo, this causes the Projects toolview to show
- Move the Projects plugin panel to the right side bar
- Close that file then close kate
- Start kate again but don't initially open a file that belongs to a git repo
- Now open a file from a git repo, notice that the Projects panel is shown on the left sidebar, even though the previously saved position was on the right sidebar
- Apply the diff then try again, the Projects panel should appear on the right sidebar
plugin-sidebar-position (branched from master)
To: ahmadsamir, #kate, cullmann, dhaumann
Cc: kwrite-devel, domson, michaelh, ngraham, demsking, cullmann, sars, dhaumann
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the KWrite-Devel