Kate regex engine type

Solaris@zoznam.sk solaris at zoznam.sk
Thu Jul 25 23:30:21 BST 2019

Hi Christoph, thanks a lot for clarification.

If I understand help docs right the QRegExp should be Unicode
compatible. But it seems that dot does not match the unicode chars - is
there please any switch in Kate for unicode mode on/off?

sample situation:
the regex:
^.*item.*\K\bpol.+?\b
the string:
item    tvcho položkáchoio zsdad

You can see the matching of the regex above with non-full-unicode
support here (or directly in Kate; please ignore that in regex101.com
the PCRE engine is selected - Kate regex behaves the same):
https://regex101.com/r/URXAma/1

and here the matching with full-unicode (in PCRE it is achieved with
switch "u" turned on):
https://regex101.com/r/kop6oQ/1

I am looking, please, for something similar in Kate as the "u" switch is
in PCRE.

Many thanks, with best regards, Peter+