kate lsp client plugin

Mark Nauwelaerts mark.nauwelaerts at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 20:13:11 BST 2019

On 16/07/19 09:27, Mark Nauwelaerts wrote:
> On 16/07/19 09:13, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>> If there is need to have access to document variables, we can
>>> introduce that again,
>>> thought I am not sure this is the solution to go, given I would actually prefer
>>> something that needs to annotation/config that is Kate specific in the sources.
>>>
>>> Perhaps some clever heuristics would be good enough, but that is something
>>> for the time after all other polishing is done.
>>>
>>> For the diagnostics output in the tab it would be very nice if always
>>> the current document
>>> would be "activated" there, but otherwise this already works ok for
>>> the first version!
>>>
>>> :=) At least some of my colleagues were impressed about the stuff that
>>> already works
>>> and that you need to configure nothing for this at all.

I pushed a few more commits with minor fixes and some refinements on the
diagnostics (jump list).  In particular, the list (selection) should now also
sync to the view (position).  So switching to another view/document should
scroll the relevant diagnostics into view, and when positioned on a line with
diagnostics, then that diagnostic will be selected.  The latter is also (already
previously) the case when clicking on the border-icon mark.

Albeit with this minor detour/delay, next on to the preparation for handling
document revisions, TextEdit, etc (or anything else that pops up in between .... ).

Regards,
Mark.