No plugins found when building kate from source

Christoph Cullmann christoph at cullmann.io
Sun Jul 14 16:42:05 BST 2019

On 2019-07-14 17:17, Daan De Meyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to try out the lsp plugin but after building the kate github
> repository from source using cmake and installing to /usr/local the
> plugins page in kate's settings is completely empty. I didn't manage
> to find any documentation on how to fix this.
>
> When installing kate via the package manager the plugins page is not
> empty as expected.
>
> I'm on Arch Linux if that helps.
>
> Any suggestions?

Hi,

cool that you want to take a look.

I think the issue is that QT_PLUGIN_PATH is not set to the installed
plugins directory

For my local compile that installs to /local/cullmann/kde/usr the
setting is as follows (on ArchLinux)

[cullmann at kuro ~]$ echo $QT_PLUGIN_PATH
/local/cullmann/kde/usr/lib64/plugins:/local/cullmann/kde/usr/lib64/qt5/plugins

Please adjust that to your /usr/local/... and export the var before
starting Kate.

kdesrc-build that I use generates some .config/kde-env-master.sh one can
source for that use.