kate lsp client plugin

Dominik Haumann dhaumann at kde.org
Sun Jul 14 08:27:12 BST 2019

I symlinked compile_commands.json in my KTextEditor git folder to the
existing one in the build folder. Have to investigate whether any wrong
paths appear...

I am not using the cmake kate generator, I only have the option

Have to check again...

Best regards

Christoph Cullmann <christoph at cullmann.io> schrieb am Sa., 13. Juli 2019,

> Hi,
> > For "Goto Declaration", this is actually "normal" and that also
> > happens here.  That is because a (slightly older) clangd does not
> > support that method, as reported in the (error) reply.  Unfortunately
> > there is no (spec'ed) way to detect that client-side, which is why the
> > action is still enabled.  So as long as "Goto Definition" and the
> > others still work, then it is about as OK as it can be ...
> >
> > More generally, there will always be some cases where the server does
> > not handle something in some way, and where it may feel that is due to
> > kate/lspclient.  In this case it might be detected by the error reply
> > but there are other cases as well.  For instance, the
> > "includeDeclaration" (for Find References) is checkable, but neither
> > clangd nor python-language-server consider that setting (when
> > translated to protocol level), and so the result of "Find References"
> > will be the same whether or not enabled ...  So no way at all to
> > detect that, which is why I was considering disabling that
> > configuration option, but then again other servers might properly
> > support it (or also clangd in some time) ...
> >
> > The "Failed to find compilation database" part that clangd reports
> > might also be a bit worrying here, but may or may not be relevant ...
> For me the plugin didn't work with clangd because I did setup my
> development
> stuff via symlinks and therefore the compilation database file names
> didn't match
> the "canonical" file names Kate provided.
> I changed my config to use the canonical file names for the
> kdesrc-buildrc and
> since then this errors vanished.
> Btw., I just tried the current state, very nice!
> Find references is really useful!
> Highlight with the jump list is nice, too.
> Greetings
> Christoph
> --
> Ignorance is bliss...
> https://cullmann.io | https://kate-editor.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kwrite-devel/attachments/20190714/03655379/attachment.html>

More information about the KWrite-Devel mailing list