How to make the CTags plugin default disabled for only KDevelop, but not Kate?

Christoph Cullmann christoph at cullmann.io
Thu Jul 11 07:42:20 BST 2019

On 2019-07-11 08:36, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Thursday July 11 2019 07:44:56 Christoph Cullmann wrote:
>
>> actually I think the best approach is to have a whitelist of plugins
>> one
>> wants to
>> load per default.
>
> KDevelop has sessions that can be active concurrently and which can
> have different sets of plugins loaded. Is that supported in your
> implementation, and is it written in such a way that the user's
> selection doesn't change behind his back during an update (beyond new,
> default-active plugins appearing in the list, or retired plugins
> disappearing)?
>
> My idea wasn't too different except that it hides the selection of
> which plugins are available in an additional dialog, leaving a pruned
> list of options to select from for everyday life. IMHO that's the best
> future-proof approach for an application of which the plugin list
> keeps growing (and I'm not even on a system where someone else
> installs all existing 3rd party plugins to satisfy the potential needs
> of all users.

the only thing that code in Kate does is: Set the default value for the
"shall plugin be loaded"
to true for the plugins in the hard-coded plugin list.

The user can overwrite that globally/session-wise like he wants.

If a new plugin is added + added to the defaults it will show up for the
user until he deactivates
it again.

But if it is already configured, that will not be altered.