How to make the CTags plugin default disabled for only KDevelop, but not Kate?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 22:48:48 BST 2019

On Wednesday July 10 2019 23:03:41 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:

Theatrical much?

I don't think anyone asked for a theoretically more powerful but mostly much slower cmake server-based import, to name just one other feature that was made the default.

>Opinions? Better ideas?

I'm guessing that very few users have any interest for the flatpak and docker support plugins (certainly not those running something other than Linux), or "even" of the android support plugin.

There has been some discussion (between me and IIRC Kevin) about a feature allowing users to select which plugins they want to disable completely, and which (= the others) should be enabled by default in a new session. (I don't think it is well defined ATM which KDevelop plugins are going to be active when you create a new session, if you have ever disabled any plugins.)
I think I planned to start looking into this myself, and then had 2nd thoughts or re-evaluated my priorities.

Yes, this would mean that you have 2 plugin selection interfaces, one which you see in normal use, and one which you only see when needed.

I suppose this feature could be implemented at the framework level so that Kate users (and users of hypothetical other applications built on the same basis) could also benefit from this feature. If I actually used kate I'd probably appreciate the feature there too.

R.