D18125: KateStatusBar: Add dictionary button

loh tar noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 16 16:01:01 GMT 2019

loh.tar added a subscriber: cullmann.
loh.tar added a comment.

  @cullmann @dhaumann A short not how to progress would be nice.

  - Keep codes as they are
  - Shorten codes as suggested
  - Replace codes by flags/ensign (no idea how)
  - Add (unneeded) label
  - Show (unneeded long) full name

  The latter two consume to much space for my taste and give only the very new user a benefit, once seen/clicked it's clear.

  Here a shot from an attempt to address some issues:

  - No "Preferred Dictionaries" header at the separator to not confuse when user has a non preferred dict in use (add dict to menu is todo)
  - Change order of entries with the intend to make more often used stuff accessible more easy (still experimental)
  - Removed "Spellcheck Selection...". I would like remove that from the main menu too and modify the normal "Spelling..." action to behave "smart" as many other actions

  F6551960: 1547653694.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6551960>