D18734: Update octave.xml to Octave 4.2.0

Christoph Cullmann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Feb 15 08:06:00 GMT 2019

cullmann added a comment.

  In D18734#411416 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18734#411416>, @sirgienko wrote:

  > In D18734#411032 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18734#411032>, @cullmann wrote:
  >
  > > Good question:
  > >
  > > I added a minimal howto to the README.md:
  > >
  > > https://commits.kde.org/syntax-highlighting/9343341f91274f899f74b1ffe3fa260dadbc0978
  > >
  > > Does that help you?
  >

  > Partially. I have written the test file (`test.octave`), but after `make test`, I have errors in `testhighlighter_test`, `htmlhighlighter_test` and `folding_test`  like this
  >
  >   FAIL!  : TestHighlighterTest::testHighlight(test.octave) 'ref.open(QIODevice::ReadOnly | QIODevice::Text)' returned FALSE. ()
  >

  > If I change the filename to `test.octave.syntax`, I have only one error in `testhighlighter_test`:
  >
  >   TestHighlighterTest::cleanupTestCase() 'coveredList.open(QFile::WriteOnly)' returned FALSE. ()
  >      Loc: [/home/mmmm1998/Документы/Репозитории/syntax-highlighting/autotests/testhighlighter.cpp(108)]
  >

  > I can't reproduce this build fail on my KDE Neon virtual machine, should I ignore this?
  >
  > Also, what difference between `highlight.tex` and `test.tex`, for example? Octave have `highlight_octave.m.syntax`, which, I guess, is test file, should I remove it?

  Hi,

  I think test.octave is the right name.

  That you get errors is clear, as there is no reference yet.

  After running make test, you can run ./autotests/update-reference-data.sh

  Then you should see new reference files in the source dirs (git status)

  Take a look at them, if the look fine (e.g. the HTML output).

  A new "make test" should succeed then

REPOSITORY
  R216 Syntax Highlighting