D17971: Revive External Tools plugin

Christoph Cullmann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Feb 2 15:53:51 GMT 2019

cullmann added a comment.

  Template sounds better than preset ;=)

  I play shortly with the thing.

  Really important would be the implementation that stderr ends up in a extra pane.

  For the pane: I would open one toolview for the external plugin output and have just consecutive runs overwrite the output.
  One might want to implement later some kind of "history", e.g. remember the last X execution outputs.
  But I wouldn't do one output pane per run.

  I played a bit with writing some perl script, but actually nothing happend, even if I include stderr to replace my document.
  I assume my command failed.

  That would be something for the external tools toolview, too.

  Having there tabs, aka one for the output you requested and a second to have some meta info of what was executed. e.g. full command line printed with working dir and stuff.

REPOSITORY
  R40 Kate