D23190: [take over] Add helpful buttons (mainly) for the Regular Expressions switch

Christoph Cullmann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Aug 15 19:13:20 BST 2019

cullmann added a comment.

  Hi,
  thanks for taking care of this!

  To the open questions:

  -Do we keep the new buttons in the lineedit and the "snippets" in it and/or do we keep the snippets in the right click / add menu ? The snippets are in both menus for now. I have no personal opinion but I don't think I would have right clicked a lineedit if I didn't read the comments.

  I would tend to keep them in both places.

  -Do we shorten the regexp button tooltip ? I prefer to do so.

  I would agree to shorten it, it is too intrusive the way it is (hiding a large part of the screen)

  -Do we update the Kate hoodbook ?

  I think the new stuff is more or less self-explaining and doesn't need extra manual coverage.

REPOSITORY
  R40 Kate