kate-editor.org upgrade

Christoph Cullmann christoph at cullmann.io
Mon Aug 5 14:18:05 BST 2019

Hi,

> I like the minimal design, great work!

thanks to the theme author ;=)

> But I'd put the focus of the front page on the "product presentation"
> and make
> the blog roll a secondary page just one click away. You have to be
> realistic,
> most of the visitors are interested in figuring out what Kate is about
> and
> getting it. Maybe update + streamline the Features page and make it the
> front
> page instead?
>
> I'd also make sure that "Get It" are amongst the most prominent links
> on that
> page, so people who'd like to download the editor (for macOS/Windows)
> can find
> it right away. Possibily by even duplicating links to the download
> section on
> the front page, etc. pp..
>
> Take the KDevelop website as an example for the site layout:
>   https://www.kdevelop.org/
>
> Just my 2c. :)

Makes sense.

Carl already did pimp the start page to first show some general "this is
Kate".

We can improve this further, the feature page will be redone, too,
see https://invent.kde.org/websites/kate-editor-org/merge_requests/2

In any case, now at least all Kate relevant content is safe on KDE
infrastructure.