kate-editor.org upgrade

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Mon Aug 5 13:23:01 BST 2019

On Sunday, 4 August 2019 17:32:29 CEST Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > => sysadmin moved it now to the proper location:
> >
> > https://invent.kde.org/websites/kate-editor-org
>
> I added the code to generate the update site for the latest
> syntax highlighting files, too.

I like the minimal design, great work!

But I'd put the focus of the front page on the "product presentation" and make
the blog roll a secondary page just one click away. You have to be realistic,
most of the visitors are interested in figuring out what Kate is about and
getting it. Maybe update + streamline the Features page and make it the front
page instead?

I'd also make sure that "Get It" are amongst the most prominent links on that
page, so people who'd like to download the editor (for macOS/Windows) can find
it right away. Possibily by even duplicating links to the download section on
the front page, etc. pp..

Take the KDevelop website as an example for the site layout:
  https://www.kdevelop.org/

Just my 2c. :)

Regards,
Kevin