D16259: Open document before using it's checksum to load metainfos

Silas Lenz noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 16 21:20:38 BST 2018

slenz added a comment.

  I'm assuming (based on the previous docstring) that `loadMetaInfos` at some point also opened the url and the old `doc->openUrl(u);` was a fallback in case it it did not not (feature disabled, first time to open url, etc). That seems to have been removed at some point, so now it tried to load metainfo based on an empty document (and empty checksum), which of course always failed. I can't find any drawbacks to always loading the file in one place, but please tell me if there was a reason for the two different methods!

REPOSITORY
  R40 Kate