plugin plug: zealsearch

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 09:14:54 GMT 2018

On Friday November 30 2018 08:25:07 Kåre Särs wrote:

>Why not?

I didn't write the plugin myself; I'd have to see with the original author why he never attempted upstreaming (I'm CC'ing him for that reason).
And I must admit that giving up (a certain amount of) control over your code which is what happens when it is incorporated in KF5 Applications doesn't really appeal to me.
There's also the fact that this is a plugin that should be mostly of interest to developers.

But I'd be more than happy to incorporate changes that make it easier to build the plugin for installation in a plugin repository under $HOME (if that's possible).

>I did not know about zealdocs before, but at first it looks like a really
>usable addon!

Yes, I do use it quite regularly from KDevelop, despite the support for QtHelp documentation in that IDE.

I never looked how many other "independent" KTextEditor plugins there are. If there are enough of them that are of interest it might be possible to write a set of CMake routines to grab them and include them in the build as an option?

R.