plugin plug: zealsearch

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 12:59:18 GMT 2018

Hi,

I've been asked to repost the message below so here it is:

Some of you may be familiar with the opensource docset browser, zeal (zealdocs.org). I've been working on a port of the old KDE4 plugin that allows to drive the zeal application as an external documentation browser from Kate and KDevelop.

I think it's now feature complete enough to do a shameless plug here: github.com/RJVB/zealsearch . After installation newly (re)started Kate and KDevelop sessions will have Zeal menus in the Tools menu and in the context menu. It can trigger a lookup of the selected text or (if there is none) the word under the cursor.

Installation is straightforward, so I'm not aspiring to get the plugin included in the official addons.

Hope this is useful.

R.