D16370: KTextEditor : syntax definition priority UI usability

Dominik Haumann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Nov 4 17:37:24 GMT 2018

dhaumann added subscribers: ngraham, dhaumann.
dhaumann added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> katemodeconfigpage.cpp:95
> +    // having to increase the priority of (all) those definitions.
> +    ui->sbPriority->setMinimum(-ui->sbPriority->maximum());
> +    // make the context help a bit easier to access

I would prefer to set this in the ui file: The maximum is already set to 99. I think it makes sense to set the minimum to -99 there. Can you provide an updated patch?

> katemodeconfigpage.cpp:97
> +    // make the context help a bit easier to access
> +    ui->sbPriority->setToolTip(ui->sbPriority->whatsThis());
> +

I agree with Christoph, we have no tooltip anywhere so far, so this would be inconsistent.

@ngraham Do you have any comment on this from a usability perspective? I have the feeling that how to show whats-this infos should be maybe solved in a more general way, and not for just one specific spin box.

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor