D11785: Add kcolorschemechooser support and related setting menu entry

Alexander Zhigalin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 28 17:46:26 UTC 2018

zhigalin accepted this revision.
zhigalin added a subscriber: broulik.
zhigalin added a comment.

  In D11785#245911 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11785#245911>, @dhaumann wrote:

  > Indeed, maybe this class should be part of the KConfigWidgets framework? See https://api.kde.org/frameworks/kconfigwidgets/html/annotated.html for current list of classes - it already contains the color scheme stuff and is a tier3 framework (so many dependencies allowed).
  >
  > @zhigalin Any comments from your side?

  Sorry for the late reply, haven't noticed this review before.

  And this is a reply by @broulik

  > If, and only if, we were to add something like that, we could add it to KXmlGui and have it provide a settings dialog in the settings menu where you also find eg. "Configure Toolbars".
  >
  > The infrastructure is already there, KWin can even follow the colorscheme of an application to colorize the title bar accordingly. However, with KColorSchemeManager there's an easy-to-use class that applications that want to provide such functionality (eg. Krita, KDevelop, Gwenview, Dragon Player) > can add to their settings without further complicating the already insane customizability of our applications.

INLINE COMMENTS

> katecolorschemechooser.h:39
> +*/
> +class KateColorSchemeChooser : public QAction
> +{

`KateColorSchemeChooser` may be a bit misleading as there is also the Editor color scheme which is different...
Maybe it should be like `KateGuiColorsChooser` or `KateWindowColorChooser`?
The rest looks good to me.

REPOSITORY
  R40 Kate