ktexteditor and syntax-highlighting porting

Dr.-Ing. Christoph Cullmann cullmann at absint.com
Sat Jul 28 18:33:48 BST 2018

Hi,

after some years, I guess it is really time that we port our highlighting to the infrastructure
Volker provides.

I started an "syntax-highlighting" branch in our ktexteditor.git to do so.

https://cgit.kde.org/ktexteditor.git/log/?h=syntax-highlighting

;=)

Thought I already have some questions:

1) The format provides an "id" to store them nicely in our textlines, but how do I get a format back for a given id?
   Shall one hash them on the fly with the ids?
   Actually it would be more nice to have some vector with all known formats for a highlighting definition.
   That would make porting easier, too, as ATM we hold such an "attribute" list per highlighting.
   (if that is wrong, Dominik can correct me)

2) Is there a way to get the default style for a format? Would be needed to map them to the KTextEditor default styles
   (which are 1:1 as the ones in syntax-highlighting beside a swap of errors/others)

AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann at AbsInt.com