D17459: SearchBar: Add Cancel button to stop long running tasks

loh tar noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Dec 21 15:14:05 GMT 2018

loh.tar added a comment.

  I have tried to run two S&R jobs at the same time on the same document, seems to works nicely

  - view 1 -> S&R "tab" -> "-"
  - view 2 -> S&R "0" -> "+"

  I had canceled both jobs and then resume, that's why at the pic are already replacents to see while the job is still running. Job is almost finished, had taken a couple of minutes and ~2GB RAM
  F6496970: still-running-near-finish.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6496970>
  After finish, scrolled down
  F6496972: finished-scrolled-down.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6496972>

  My current status is: No crashes I'm aware of and everything seems to work.

  - "m_cancelFindOrReplace" may better renamed to "m_jobIsRuning" or similar
  - Is the "Cancel" perhaps better named "Stop"?
  - The new added, and now  "d->m_foo" variables by better renamed to "d->foo", but perhaps will never a true d-pointer added but the new variables moved back as member again (?)

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor