SyntaxHighlighting + Qt Quick

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Wed Dec 19 19:39:10 GMT 2018

On Monday, 17 December 2018 10:01:17 CET Eike Hein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> so I wrote this toy last weekend in 10-15 mins or so:
>
> https://cgit.kde.org/scratch/hein/kquicksyntaxhighlighter.git/
>
> And used it in a QML-based in a code box component I wrote:
> https://i.imgur.com/3F8fkQ6.jpg
>
> How about we make this a little more real and install a Qt Quick plugin
> with the framework? The code box component could go into Kirigami or so,
> and then pull in the highlighting from the SyntaxHighlighting import.

make sense to me :)

I know at least one other user (the KDAB training presentation software) that
could benefit from such a QML integration.

Implementation looks sane, API-wise we probably also want to allow selecting
the theme (to support dark color schemes). It might also worth either making
lifetime management of Repository explicit, or keep it around indefinitely, as
creating that is fairly expensive.

Regards,
Volker